• TYPES OF EVENTS and USE OF SPACE: All Events and Activities require Team and Ministerial review and approval. There are two classifications of events that fall under the Events Team area of responsibility: - UCPC Church Events are those that fully support the principles of the Unity Church. - Community Events are those that serve the needs of the general community. The Unity Church of Practical Christianity provides use of space for a fee to groups and individuals as a part of the support of and service to the surrounding community.
• TYPES of FEES: - Rental fee is $100 per hour for use of the space up to a maximum of $500.00 for an 8-hour day. A 50% deposit is required to hold the date/reserve space for an event and is due when the contract is submitted to the Events Team. Balance of payment is due two weeks prior to the event unless negotiated otherwise. - Other Event fees (including small groups or individuals) are either a 70/30% or 50/50% split of event proceeds depending on the details and requirements of the event. Please discuss these options with the Events Team. The fee for use of the space may be waived for the presenter of a UCPC sponsored event.
• MARKETING and PROMOTIONS: It is the presenter’s responsibility to provide UCPC with all promotion material, including an outline of the event, lecture, or workshop and any prepared press release. All UCPC sponsored and Community Events will be publicized on electronic and print media, the details of which will be agreed upon with the Events Team. Flyers or posters can be mailed or emailed to us in Microsoft Word, PDF, or HTML format.
• AUDIO / VIDEO TAPING AGREEMENT: Permission to produce an audio/video recording for availability to the congregation and general public is requested for all events. Any proceeds will be considered a donation to UCPC unless negotiated otherwise.
• CANCELLATION POLICY: If an event or appearance is canceled, or there is a failure to appear, the presenter agrees to reimburse UCPC promptly upon receipt of submitted statement for all out of pocket expenses incurred in promoting, preparing for, or arranging this appearance. If the event is canceled by UCPC, refund will be limited to any prepaid deposits made to UCPC by the presenter. In the case of confirmed cancellation of reservation of rental space, the deposit will be returned if cancelled two or more weeks prior to the event.
• TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: Travel and Accommodations are generally the responsibility of the presenter. If help with Travel and Accommodations is needed for the event, details can be discussed and included as a part of the contract negotiation. Transportation is the responsibility of the presenter, however, if help is needed for local travel, please alert the Events Team, as this can be included as a part of the volunteer needs for the event.
• ACCEPTANCE: A submitted signed agreement is acknowledgment of reading, understanding, and accepting these guidelines.
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me ...
9228 Walnut Grove Road, Cordova, TN 38018 • office: 901-753-1463